Our History Of Results
- OBTAINED $1.7 million verdict for owners of commercial daycare business operated on a residential property in Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) taking in Bartow Co.
- WON $1.3 million verdict for business owners in DOT taking in Coweta Co.
- DOUBLED DOT’s original offer in taking of historic farmhouse, tobacco barn, and pecan grove in Colquitt Co. outside Moultrie, Georgia.
- SETTLED $500,000 case in Walton County with local water and sewer authority in taking of private land for construction of a regional reservoir.
- NEGOTIATED $650,000 settlement for homeowner in Georgia Transmission Corporation (GTC) taking of home place land for high voltage electric transmission line in Western Coweta Co.
- OBTAINED $250,000 business loss award for operator of well-known national breakfast restaurant franchise who lost access to his site as a result of a DOT project.
- MEDIATED $250,000 business loss, due to strip taking, for operator of convenience store in Cartersville, Georgia, after DOT refused to recognize any business loss.
- SETTLED on eve of trial for 125-times GTC assessed value of taking across horse farm estate in Barrow Co.
- WON a Quiet Title action and closed an easement over client’s property in Cobb Co.
- SET ASIDE judgment as to value in housing authority’s condemnation of elderly Rome, Georgia, resident’s property.
- NEGOTIATED settlement of residential taking and relocation of elderly resident with City of Marietta as part of a parks project in the city’s Baptist Town neighborhood.
- NEGOTIATED settlement 25-times amount of original offer by Georgia Power for construction of high voltage transmission line across residential property near Social Circle, Georgia.
- BRIEFED numerous issues before the Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court on topics involving bad faith and failure to follow proper statutory procedures by various condemning authorities.
- ADVISED client in strip taking for streetscapes project outside Kennesaw in Cobb Co.
- OBTAINED title to disputed area for clients in boundary dispute between two homeowners in a residential subdivision in Rome, Georgia, on the basis of prescriptive rights.
- ADVISED rural community in Coweta Co. about the implications of a natural gas pipeline planned for their community.
- ADVISED owner of historical and environmentally significant duck hunting plantation in South Georgia outside Albany about the implications of a road project designed to bisect his farm.
- ADVISED farmer outside Bonaire, Georgia regarding taking of his family’s centennial for a state road project.
- WON two indictment dismissals in a multi-count child molestation case
- SET ASIDE judgment as Sean Heldt and Heith Harkins both men have pleaded not guilty to the charges against them.
Schedule Your Initial Consultation
Contact us online today or call 770-884-6333 to schedule a consultation in our offices or another convenient location. At the Evans Law Firm, we provide high-quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients in Cartersville and the state of Georgia.