Our History Of Results
- OBTAINED $1.7 million verdict for owners of commercial daycare business operated on a residential property in Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) taking in Bartow Co.
- WON $1.3 million verdict for business owners in DOT taking in Coweta Co.
- DOUBLED DOT’s original offer in taking of historic farmhouse, tobacco barn, and pecan grove in Colquitt Co. outside Moultrie, Georgia.
- SETTLED $500,000 case in Walton County with local water and sewer authority in taking of private land for construction of a regional reservoir.
- NEGOTIATED $650,000 settlement for homeowner in Georgia Transmission Corporation (GTC) taking of home place land for high voltage electric transmission line in Western Coweta Co.
- OBTAINED $250,000 business loss award for operator of well-known national breakfast restaurant franchise who lost access to his site as a result of a DOT project.
- MEDIATED $250,000 business loss, due to strip taking, for operator of convenience store in Cartersville, Georgia, after DOT refused to recognize any business loss.
- SETTLED on eve of trial for 125-times GTC assessed value of taking across horse farm estate in Barrow Co.
- WON a Quiet Title action and closed an easement over client’s property in Cobb Co.
- SET ASIDE judgment as to value in housing authority’s condemnation of elderly Rome, Georgia, resident’s property.
- NEGOTIATED settlement of residential taking and relocation of elderly resident with City of Marietta as part of a parks project in the city’s Baptist Town neighborhood.
- NEGOTIATED settlement 25-times amount of original offer by Georgia Power for construction of high voltage transmission line across residential property near Social Circle, Georgia.
- BRIEFED numerous issues before the Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court on topics involving bad faith and failure to follow proper statutory procedures by various condemning authorities.
- ADVISED client in strip taking for streetscapes project outside Kennesaw in Cobb Co.
- OBTAINED title to disputed area for clients in boundary dispute between two homeowners in a residential subdivision in Rome, Georgia, on the basis of prescriptive rights.
- ADVISED rural community in Coweta Co. about the implications of a natural gas pipeline planned for their community.
- ADVISED owner of historical and environmentally significant duck hunting plantation in South Georgia outside Albany about the implications of a road project designed to bisect his farm.
- ADVISED farmer outside Bonaire, Georgia regarding taking of his family’s centennial for a state road project.
- WON two indictment dismissals in a multi-count child molestation case
Schedule Your Initial Consultation
Contact us online today or call 770-382-4374 to schedule a consultation in our offices or another convenient location. At the Evans Law Firm, we provide high-quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients in Cartersville and the state of Georgia.